Monday, September 27, 2010

Launch

Today I'm proud to announce the launch of Creative Career Management. It's a consultancy I created to inspire and guide the next generation toward careers in advertising and design.

When I was in high school I didn't even know what the word creative meant, let alone know that I may have some morsels of creativity inside me. I also did not know that a person could be "creative" in a career. Heck, I was barely thinking of careers in high school.

By the time I got to college, I felt the pressure to decide a major and aim towards my future. Pressure that wasn't helping me pick anything to pursue. I still felt a creative bug, yet I had no artistic talent and was wholly confused on what to do about it.

My new company, Creative Career Management, aims to clear up some of that confusion for high school and early college students. Sometimes we just need some objective advice to help us chart our way. Guidance at an early age can point someone in the right direction with focus and clarity. Lord knows I wish I had some of that in high school. Through college consulting, creative workshops and portfolio development, I offer my services to students and juniors who want their creativity and passion to help them find a great career.

While preparing to launch my company this week, I worked on another project that also aims to help young people find their way. We produced a film called "Pursuit of Passion: Diversity in Advertising," and it's goal is to help expose young people to the potential and excitement of careers in advertising. An industry that desperately needs a population of young, diverse minds to join the ranks.

You can see sneak peeks of the video here on my blog and on the website we created. As a first project for Creative Career Management, this video illustrates the potential of the industry when we set our minds to making positive change and inspiring the next generation.

No comments: